In most architecture and project methodologies you are asked to create a communications package, naming stakeholders and activities on how you will address their needs. Rarely do I find that they try to secure that communications will go smooth.
These are some ways that one can evaluate the communicative capability.
– Document the positive and negative factors that affect the communicative capability. One can use a SWOT grid todo this.
– Describe what means of communications there are available
– Ask people on the inside and on the outside to give some tips that may ease communication
– Document the sources used to find out the above
– Create an activity list that adjust the communicative problems you find