There seems to be as many ways of talking about capabilities as there are ways of putting a shoe together. To add to the confusion functions, processes and other concepts of enterprise architecture is widely used as capabilities. Here I refer to capabilities as the core skills that we must master as a social system (the organisational level).
Capability litmus test
To figure out if the concept we have before us could be a capability we need some way of testing the concept. The easy way of doing this is to run through the step process of
- A capability gets better or worse every time you use it
- A capability is something which by the way it is used can provide:
- the same results in different ways in the same environment
- different results in the same and different environments
- A capability can briefly be described by:
- A name
- A description (with emphasis on the expected value)
- An environment (in the context we expect to find the ability)
A capability can in some sort of detail be described by its constituent components
A capability is an organisational skill that requires the will of a superior system to be used.
The purpose is to capture the capability concepts used in the enterprise.
Rules and Regulations